Celestrata posted the latest Known Issues on what's still a problem in Rise of Isengard Patch 1:
- Some of the 4 set bonuses for Silent Knife and Gambler trait lines are duplicating and showing up in the 5 set bonuses as well.
- Improved Great Cleave is not resetting area attack cooldowns as it states it should
- When 'Feel the Burn' is traited, additional damage from Tangleshot is doing common damage.
- Blight DoT damage is unaffected by damage corruption traits, Battlefield Promotion Passive, and never crits
- Challenge quests for Drake and Giant wings reward Helegrod Mark instead of 3 Superior 4th Marks
- Annuminas - Haudh Valandil - There is a chance that Shingrinder will fall off the bridge when using ranged attacks, resetting the fight.
- Dunland - Tusks of the Boar - Cancelling the wrapper quest does not exit the instance.
- Dunland - The Battle of Dol Baran - Being defeated in the instance revives you in Enedwaith.
- Tooltip and Legendary Items panel does not properly update Tactical Damage Rating when points are refunded.
- (Dunland - Pren Gwydth) - 'Mean Old Big Bloodtusk' does not complete if Bloodtusk is not killed directly in front of his den .
- Annuminas - Haudh Valandil - Challenge: Valandil and Dolvaethor will not advance after defeating Valandil and Dolvathor.
- Dunland - Into the Dragon's Maw - Quest text directs players to Uvel-Cadlus but the orders drop in Rhuvel-Cadlus.
- Dunland - If Instance: The Auction is completed in a fellowship before turning in The Ledger (Quest), some further content cannot be accessed
- Volume 3, Book 4, Chapter 18 - Mapping out of the Isengard Depths before receiving the map to return causes the player to be unable to complete the Epic Book quest or access additional quests in the Isengard Depths
- Dunland - Isendale - Cuvnerth, Athdar and Brontrig do not have POI flags on the map
- Jazzhands and Read animations are causing other emote animations to work incorrectly
Starting October 21st until October 27th, 2011 Turbine is offering new Store Sales:
- Shared Storage 20% OFF: 476TP - 796TP
Share items among your characters on the same server!
- Easily manage shared items
- Start with 20 slots; up to 80 extra slots available
- Filter and search for items by name
Store Location: Account > Account Storage
- Vault Storage 20% OFF: 156TP - 716TP
- Store and organize your character's items!
- Increase your number of vault storage slots by 15 per Vault Upgrade; up to 150 slots available (every character receives a 30-item vault for free).
- Filter and search for items by name!
Store Location: Character > Vault Storage
- Inventory Bags 20% OFF: 396TP (Free for VIP)
Increase the amount your character can carry! Unlock a 4th and 5th Inventory Bag for all characters on your account - an extra 15 slots each!
Store Location: Account > Account Storage
- Currency Cap 20% OFF: 316TP (Free for VIP)
Carry unlimited gold!
- Remove the restriction on currency from all current and future characters created on your account!
- Allows you to buy a Deluxe house, which grants even more storage!
Store Location: Account > Currency Cap
- Free coupon code FREESERVICE
Lotro Fall Festival has begun. This year the Lotro Fall Festival started on October 19th, 2011 and will run until November 8th, 2011. The most challenging quests are there:
The regular Fall Festival trader at the Party Tree - Rosa Hornblower is selling the maps: Rivendell, Eregion, Enedwaith, Mirkwood (12 tokens each one). Those 4 are the only new housing items. There are also 4 new cosmetics, 1 new horse and 7 new consumable deeds (thanks to Malachi108).
Important: The Green Skeleton Painted Horse and "White Paint" Skelly mount can be obtained from the Poorly Hidden Chest in the Haunted Burrow.
Furniture and Decoration
There are 4 new decoration items Rivendell, Eregion, Enedwaith, Mirkwood maps. If you want to see all decoration and furniture items visit our Lotro Fall Festival 2011 Furniture and Decoration Guide
The Hunted Burrow
In order to start the Haunted Burrow you do not need the letter from the mailbox. Head to the Party Tree (The Shire) and talk to Opal Goodbody. She will start the quest chain with the quest "A Cellar Door Appears", Bilbo’s Letter at Gaffer Gamgee (The Shire) and finally The Hunted Burrow quest at Lobelia Sackville-Baggins (The Shire). By proceeding with the quest chain, you will be given access to the Haunted Burrow. (thanks to TheREALify for the great Haunted Burrow map.)
Haunted Burrow Repeatable Quests
- Valuables Gone Astray
- Roaring Maw in the Haunted Burrow
- Wailing in the Haunted Burrow
- A Stroll Through the Haunted Burrow
- A Race Through the Haunted Burrow
- Rattling in the Haunted Burrow
- The Inn League Excavation
- Inn League Initiation — Party Tree
This year we have four new cosmetics items (you need 12 tokens for each). The new cosmetics do dye. Thanks to Lyzau for cosmetics screenshots and don't forget to visit her great Lotro cosmetic blog:
- Wrap of the Turning Leaves
- Cloak of Autumn Nights
- Gown of Autumn Nights
- Tunic of Autumn Nights
It’s time for a Pumpkin Carving contest again and great rewards like a custom forum title, Turbine Points, and more! Turbine will accept digital photographs of entries from October 18th through November 5th, 2011. Entries must be original creations, should be at least 1024x768 in resolution, and no larger than 6MB in file size.
For the Best Lord of the Rings Online Pumpkin, rewards are:
- 3000 Turbine Points for the LOTRO Store
- Custom Forum Title: “Master Carver (2011)”
One runner-up in this category will receive a custom forum title: “Master Carver (2011)”
How to use a pumpkin carving template:
- Print the template on a sheet of paper.
- Cut along the dashed lines in the corners (this will help your template lay against the round surface of the pumpkin).
- Attach the paper to the desired side of the pumpkin where you want the design to show.
- Follow along the black lines poking small holes through the paper into the pumpkin’s skin.
- Remove the paper template and you will see dots in the shape of the design on the pumpkin’s skin.
- Connect the dots, and then start carving! Keep your template beside you to help you as you go – the gray shaded parts are the ones that will come out of the pumpkin.
Click here for official rules and tips on sending in your pumpkin entry!
The LOTRO Game Servers will be brought down on Wednesday, October 19th from 6:00 AM - 10:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT) for an update to the game. Turbine has also released the first Rise of Isengard Patch Notes:
- Quest XP rewards for higher level quests (level 53+) have been adjusted going forwards. Quest XP had been gradually declining by level, which wasn't the intent at higher levels.
- Scholar nodes in Dunland were showing up a little too often. We’ve adjusted them accordingly.
- Landscape treasure containers (Corpses, backpacks, etc) are back! Players will once again find these items scattered across the landscape.
- Greater Scroll of Delving has been added as a quest reward to the Book 4 epic quest line. Players that have completed Chapter 28 of Volume 3 Book 4 should receive a Greater Scroll of Delving in their inventory upon log in.
Turbine is offering a new Lotro Store exclusive: Painted Skeleton Steed: Glowing Green, for limited time (October 19th until November 7th, 2011).
A glow-in-the-dark painted steed, coloured jet black and patterned with luminous green skeleton bones! This steed has 250 health and allows the character purchasing it to travel 68% faster than running on foot. Not fast enough for you? Try a Mount Speed Boost!
- A LOTRO Store Exclusive!
- The Riding Skill is required for this mount
Store Location: Travel & Housing > Mounts > Store Exclusive
Reminder: This is the last week to purchase The Steed of the Hunter available through October 20th.
Sapience has posted new notification about recent forums maintenance:
Recently, we were made aware of an issue with the security of our LOTRO community web applications. We take all potential issues seriously and we took the forums offline while we investigated and resolved the issue. The forums are now open for normal use.
Please note that we will continue to perform maintenance on our community websites over the coming days and some features may be unavailable from time to time. Game services are not impacted and will continue to operate on a normal schedule.
Even though this issue appears to be limited in scope, if we believe that your account has been impacted we will contact you directly. As an additional precaution we recommend that all players change their passwords by visiting https://myaccount.turbine.com. Please remember to use unique, hard-to guess passwords that are not associated with other online services or sites, and always look for and report unusual activity in your account to Turbine customer support.
If you changed your password after October 11th, then you can disregard this message. To change your password, please follow these steps:
- Go to myaccount.turbine.com and click on "Forgot your password?" You may also click this in the game launcher.
- Follow the instructions on how to recover your password. A new password will be sent to this e-mail address.
- Once you have received the password reset e-mail, change your password. Please remember to use unique, hard-to guess passwords that are not associated with other online services or sites.
The concert "The Lord of the Rings In Concert: The Fellowship of the Ring" changes Tolkien’s imaginary world into magical music world. Turbine is offering to Lotro fans a great opportunity to save $5 on tickets with code 1RING. You can get the tickets at Ticketmaster or call 800-745-3000.
The Lord of the Rings In Concert: The Fellowship of the Ring is the groundbreaking first installment of Peter Jackson's Oscar-winning film trilogy. Featuring Howard Shore’s complete Academy Award® and Grammy®–winning score performed live on-stage by more than 250 musicians with the film projected on an immense 60-foot screen. Entertainment Weekly calls it "High Class Geekery" and The San Francisco Examiner exclaims "It's The Concert of the Decade."
LOTRO players save $5 on tickets with code 1RING!*
Get tickets at Ticketmaster or call 800-745-3000.
*Not valid on VIP seating. Valid on new ticket purchases only. Limit of 10 tickets per person. Valid on full priced tickets only. No double discounts. Valid online or at the Oracle Arena Box Office only for performances on October 22. Offer expires October 21, 2011.
Turbine team posted additional information about Lotro forums maintenance and recommend that all players change their passwords by visiting myaccount.turbine.com.
Recently, we were made aware of an issue with the security of our LOTRO community web applications. Protecting player accounts is a top priority and we take any potential issues seriously. As a result, we closed all of our forums as we investigate the situation. We are continuing to investigate and the forums will not reopen until this work is complete.
As an additional precaution we recommend that all players change their passwords by visiting http://myaccount.turbine.com. Please remember to use unique, hard-to guess passwords that are not associated with other online services or sites, and always look for and report unusual activity in your account to Turbine customer support.
Thank you for your patience. We look forward to restoring all community features as soon as possible.
Please follow us on Twitter @LOTRO or like us on Facebook to receive updates during the maintenance.