Lotro Housing Guide
- Basic Information
- Advanced Information
- Interactive Maps
- Top Properties
- Trophy - Taxidermist Barter Item - click here for more information
- Furniture Catalogue
- click here for more information
- Hooks - types and numbers
- House Plans
Houses are more than an apartment interior floating in the ether. Houses in LOTRO live in gorgeously landscaped neighborhoods, where they have yards, sit along water, or nestle under cliffs. One size does not fit all! Players want choices about how their house looks, where they want to live, and who they want to live with, so we are offering a variety of options to fit many tastes. Houses are decorative and beneficial. They are fun to dress up and host parties at, but they also give the owner tangible benefits.
Video by thedeadpoet of forums.lotro.com.
Taken from his YouTube page
We set out to give choices to the Men, Hobbits, Elves, and Dwarves of Middle-earth. In LOTRO Housing, you choose fromâ¦
- Four different racially-styled homesteads (landscaped areas containing many different houses). Each homestead has a distinctive architectural style and environment.
- Up to 250 instanced neighborhoods to each homestead, so you can settle down near your friends.
Thirty different houses per neighborhood: 4 kinship houses, 10 deluxe personal houses, and 16 standard personal houses.
- Over 250 decorations to mix-and-match, including paint for walls and floors, rugs, bookshelves, welcome mats, scenic paintings, even background music!
You can be the elf who chooses to live amongst the Dwarves, but still decorate the interior of your home in the style of your homeland. Next door might live a hobbit who likes living close to Thorin's Halls for easy access to crafting forges. And a Kinship of stout Dwarves might own a great hall and host parties and recruiting events.
Who Are The Hobbits In Your Neighborhood?
Four homesteads will become available with the release of Book 11, each one in a different part of the world with a different neighborhood layout of houses, different building styles and appearances, and different natural settings. Each homestead expresses a different racial style, but don't worry-you don't have to be a hobbit to live in the Shire. Each homestead can have multiple instances of its neighborhood, each with its own unique name. Do you want to live in Stumphollow or in Overnotch? Hookworth or Holbroke? As the initial set of neighborhoods fill up, new ones will automatically open up to meet demand.
When you purchase a home, you're getting a yard and you're buying into a Neighborhood. Do you want a house by the water? On a hill? Underground? Near that cute windmill? Nestled in a cozy little corner? By a friend's house? Next to your Kinship House? We hope you like choices!
As we have noticed, a lot of people bought or crafted some items, and then realize - they can't "hook" them in their houses. We have made a small investigation in our neighborhood and here is what we have found:
There are 3 different types of homes in each race neighborhood:
- Tier 1 - Standard: A small private home, usually 16 in each neighborhood, price around 1g, with a 50s upkeep per week, 1 Chest, with 19 Interior/5 Exterior placeholders for objects.
- Tier 2 - Deluxe: A deluxe private home, usually 10 in each neighborhood, price around 7g, with a 150s upkeep per week, 2 Chest, with 45 Interior/7 Exterior placeholders for objects.
- Tier 3 - Kinship: A house available to a leader of a kinship, usually 4 in each neighborhood, price around 14-17g, with a 300s upkeep per week, 3 Chest, with 71 Interior/10 Exterior placeholders for objects, (but purchasing limited to Kinship Rank 7)
If you don't pay the upkeep
your house will vanish and the items can be retrieved from Escrow.
If you abandon your house you will get no money back!
Standard Houses: (in order, Man, Hobbit, Elf, Dwarf)
Deluxe Houses: (in order, Man, Hobbit, Elf, Dwarf)
Deluxe Houses: (in order, Man, Hobbit, Elf, Dwarf)
Are there enough houses?
As Denour (Game Systems Engineer) said:
"Just to cut the panic off at the pass, there are plenty of houses. The system is set up to roll out more houses as they are needed; this is the beauty of instanced neighborhoods.
So take a deep breath, relax, and enjoy patch day!
Bree-land Homesteads - Man
In a quiet valley south and east of Bree, the Race of Man has created a settlement of houses and stores. A waterfall feeds into a swimming hole, and a brook leads off of it, winding through the center of the neighborhood where a few merchants have set up shop.
Here is the data Greyshot (US forum member) put together for the Man and Elf homesteads. This was on test!
|Address||House Type||Buy Price||Weekly Upkeep|
|1 Long Street||Standard||950s||47s50c|
|2 Long Street||Deluxe||7g||150s|
|3 Long Street||Standard||950s||47s50c|
|4 Long Street||Deluxe||7g||150s|
|5 Long Street||Kinship||14g250s||285s|
|6 Long Street||Deluxe||7g||150s|
|7 Long Street||Standard||1g||50s|
|8 Long Street||Kinship||15g||300s|
|1 Garden Street||Standard||1g||50s|
|2 Garden Street||Deluxe||7g||150s|
|3 Garden Street||Standard||1g||50s|
|4 Garden Street||Deluxe||7g||150s|
|1 Fountain Street||Standard||1g||50s|
|2 Fountain Street||Standard||1g||50s|
|3 Fountain Street||Deluxe||7g700s||165s|
|4 Fountain Street||Standard||1g100s||55s|
|1 Broadford Street||Standard||1g100s||55s|
|2 Broadford Street||Deluxe||7g700s||165s|
|1 High Road||Kinship||17g250s||345s|
|2 High Road||Deluxe||8g50s||165s|
|3 High Road||Standard||1g100s||55s|
|1 Chestnut Road||Standard||1g150s||57s50c|
|2 Chestnut Road||Standard||1g||50s|
|3 Chestnut Road||Standard||1g||50s|
|4 Chestnut Road||Deluxe||7g||150s|
|5 Chestnut Road||Standard||1g||50s|
|6 Chestnut Road||Deluxe||7g700s||165s|
|7 Chestnut Road||Standard||1g100s||55s|
|8 Chestnut Road||Standard||1g||50s|
|9 Chestnut Road||Kinship||16g500s||330s|
Falathlorn Homesteads - Elf
The Elves built in Falathlorn, on the bank of the river Lune and winding upwards of sheer cliffs. Across the river from Duillond, there is a spectacular view of Split-finger in the Blue Mountains.
|Address||House Type||Buy Price||Weekly Upkeep|
|1 Haven Way||Standard||1g150s||57s50c|
|2 Haven Way||Standard||1g||50s|
|3 Haven Way||Deluxe||7g||150s|
|4 Haven Way||Standard||1g||50s|
|5 Haven Way||Standard||1g||50s|
|6 Haven Way||Standard||950s||47s50c|
|7 Haven Way||Deluxe||6g650s||142s50c|
|8 Haven Way||Kinship||15g||300s|
|9 Haven Way||Deluxe||7g||150s|
|10 Haven Way||Standard||1g||50s|
|11 Haven Way||Standard||1g||50s|
|12 Haven Way||Standard||1g||50s|
|1 Twinfall Path||Deluxe||7g700s||165s|
|2 Twinfall Path||Deluxe||7g||150s|
|3 Twinfall Path||Standard||1g||50s|
|4 Twinfall Path||Deluxe||7g700s||165s|
|1 Fairwood Lane||Standard||1g||50s|
|2 Fairwood Lane||Standard||1g||50s|
|3 Fairwood Lane||Deluxe||7g||150s|
|4 Fairwood Lane||Deluxe||7g||150s|
|5 Fairwood Lane||Standard||1g||50s|
|6 Fairwood Lane||Deluxe||7g||150s|
|7 Fairwood Lane||Kinship||16g500s||330s|
|1 Waterbank Road||Deluxe||7g||150s|
|2 Waterbank Road||Kinship||15g||300s|
|3 Waterbank Road||Standard||1g100s||55s|
|4 Waterbank Road||Standard||1g100s||55s|
|5 Waterbank Road||Kinship||17g250s||345s|
|6 Waterbank Road||Standard||1g150s||57s50c|
|7 Waterbank Road||Standard||1g100s||55s|
Ah, the Shire! Bucolic rolling hills, windmills, and freshly furrowed farmland fill these vistas. Find your own Hobbit hole, set a chair outside, and enjoy a pipe as the sun sets. Not to worry, tall folk, you're welcome tooâ¦ Just mind your head on the door!
|Small Hobbit House||Deluxe Hobbit House||Kinship Hobbit House|
Thorin's Halls Homesteads
You can be happy underground in the Thorin's Halls homestead. Soaring caverns, natural rock bridges, stalactites and stalagmites, and houses built on stone columns surrounded by raging underground rivers.
|Small Dwarf House||Deluxe Dwarf House||Kinship Dwarf House|
How to buy a house?
If the house is for sale you click on the for sale sign and buy it on the spot.
Or you can go to the vendor that is outside of the instance entrance and buy it from the vendor without seeing it first.
Dwarf housing is outside Thorin's Hall, just follow the road south of the stables.
Elf housing is just off the road between Duillond and the portal that leads to Needlehole, across the great bridge.
Man housing is south of the Goblin swamp between Bree and the Forsaken Inn
Hobbit housing is in south farthing ... remember the shrew holes, just go a little more south of that.
Where to purchase:
Brokers can be found close to the housing areas, just outside of it, though the bree one is a bit more of a walk than the rest. Also you can enter a neighborhood and scout one. Some may have a "For Sale" sign in front of it, detailing costs and upkeep and how much stuff you can put in.
The Personal Touch
Once you've made a tough choice between homesteads, neighborhoods, and houses, it's time to personalize your new home.
To get started, visit the Furnisher in your neighborhood and pick up a few things to place in your house or in your yard. Pick up some paints, maybe some new flooring, a bed, a bookshelf, or a couple of other pieces of furniture.
If you want to choose background music for your home, pick up a music box and place it inside your house. I recommend the Mathom Society's music box if you're fond of Tom Bombadil's musical predilections!
You can also buy crafting recipes from the Furnisher to make more decorations for yourself or your friends. If you want more options, pay a visit to the other three homesteads; each Furnisher has a few different items and recipes that only they provide.
Unique Reputation Decorations
For the intrepid crafter, each of our Reputation Factions offers items and recipes for crafting decorations. There's no better way to corner the market on a sought-after decoration than to be one of the few crafters with enough standing to learn these special techniques.
24 hour cooldown timer:
Please be aware that there is a 24 hour cooldown timer between when you first purchase a house and when you can purchase your next one. Additionally, houses are not immediately released for sale when you choose to abandon a dwelling.
Players who are in the cooldown period must simply wait for the timer to expire prior to trying again.
You can only buy 1 house per account, alts can not own a house (at this time)!
Additional house usage
One of the useful feature is storage. A 30 slot chest. Only non-quest items can be place in the storage. You are restricted from placing BOUND items in the chest.
You also get a travel skill to map right to the door of your house. So you get another travel skill for your main character (alts might get it too at some later date).
When you own a home, you earn a Passive Skill which gives you a discount to purchases and repairs from the vendors in your neighborhood. What's more, if your kinship has a house in the same neighborhood, you get another discount which stacks with your personal house discount.
In addition to the discounts, you also receive a skill which allows you to travel instantly to your house. Kinship houses aren't left out, either-if you're in a kinship which has purchased a house, then you will receive a second skill to travel straight to your Kinship house.
You can set permissions for
- Entering the home.
- Paying Upkeep.
- Accessing the storage chests.
- To manage the permissions.
Additional Housing Brokers Provided!
Due to the high level of interest in the new Housing feature of Book 11 there will be additional Housing Brokers available to help you to find and purchase your new property! These extra Brokers are in addition to the Housing Brokers that are located near the entrances to the neighborhoods. There will be two additional Housing Brokers available for each neighborhood, and they will be at the following locations:
- For the Bree-land Homesteads you will find a Housing Broker just outside of The Comb and Wattle Inn in Combe, and also in the center of Staddle.
- For the Shire Homesteads you will find a Housing Broker at the Post Office in Waymeet, and also in the center of Tuckborough.
- For the Falathorn Homesteads in the Elvish lands of Ered Luin you will find a Housing Broker near the docks in Celondim and also near the Scholar's Enclave in Duillond.
- For the Thorin's Hall Homesteads in the Dwarvish lands of Ered Luin you will find a Housing Broker in the courtyard of both Noglond and Gondamon.
NOTE: These additional Housing Brokers are temporary and may depart at any time.
Shire Homestead Interactive Map
||Trinity from female-gamer.com made this Shire Homestead Interactive Map. LOTRO Vault is hosting it so the link on the left will take you to their website. If you hover your mouse on a piece of property, the address should pop up. Clicking on the address will display a picture of the property, taken from the driveway entrance. You can see the full news at her Shire Homestead Interactive Map|
Falathlorn Homestead Interactive Map
||Trinity from female-gamer.com made this Falathlorn player neighborhood Interactive Map. LOTRO Vault is hosting it so the link on the left will take you to their website. If you hover your mouse on a piece of property, the address should pop up. Clicking on the address will display a picture of the property, taken from the driveway entrance. You can see the full news at her Falathlorn Homestead Interactive Map|
Breeland Homestead Interactive Map
||Trinity from female-gamer.com made this Breeland Homestead Interactive Map. LOTRO Vault is hosting it so the link on the left will take you to their website. If you hover your mouse on a piece of property, the address should pop up. Clicking on the address will display a picture of the property, taken from the driveway entrance. You can see the full news at her Breeland Homestead Interactive Map|
Thorin's Hall Homesteads Interactive Map
||Trinity from female-gamer.com made this Thorin's Hall Homestead Interactive Map. LOTRO Vault is hosting it so the link on the left will take you to their website. If you hover your mouse on a piece of property, the address should pop up. Clicking on the address will display a picture of the property, taken from the driveway entrance.|
Visionsofthering.com has posted a couple of flash maps of the new housing areas back when there was the Housing event on the beta US server. Here are the links to it:
Why do some houses deluxe homes cost 8g while others are only 7g. So far the only thing we found out is that location plays a huge role in certain homeâs pricing. It is rumored that some houses have an extra yard or even more yard space. What we can tell for sure is that regular houses have 4 outside hooks, while deluxe houses have 8. Kinship houses are the ones that have "huge yard" hooks and the like, but you wouldn't be able to get one of those unless you are a kin leader and your kin is rank 7 or above.
We went through the forums and listened to what people had to say. Look at this forum topic here. Hereâs a compilation of what players think are the most sought after properties with best locations:
- 1 Waterbank Road â good view deluxe house â Duillond in the distance if you look from the back yard â a bit out of the way - can hear the water stream in the back. Great view up front at the kinship house at Waterbank Road 2. Waterfall in the distance
- 2 Waterbank Road â kinship house â very cozy. Leaned against a rock wall in the back and a bit on the side but has a fantastic looking Elf tower on the hill above it for free. (part of the scenary).
- 3 Waterbank Road â standard house â the most charming little house ever. Placed on the ledge overlooking the river way down bellow as well as the rest of the Waterbank community. Duilond and the great waterfall in the distance just make it a picture perfect place. The back view is stunning! In front you are looking at some beautiful trees in full bloom so nothing to complaign about there either.
- 4 Waterbank Road â standard house â right next to the big river. A bit out of the way. The lights on the river in the back make it a prime property IMO.
- 6 Waterbank Road â standard house â great view â one of the most expensive standard houses - secluded from all the rest by a river and has two bridge crossings onto the property. Waterfall is right next to the house providing great atmosphere.
- 2 Haven Way - standard house - has a little deck that extends from the back wall of the house out a few feet over the stream. Very, very close to the vendors
- 5 Haven Way - standard house - secluded but extremely nice because of the trees on the property. For those that like privacy. Overlooking a pond with a gazebo.
- 4 Waterbank Court - absolutely the best view. Right on the water, from the front door you can see a gazebo, bridge, and Duillond across the river in the distance.
- 1 Twinfall path - deluxe house - It is the first deluxe coming into the community. It is very close to the vendors and vault. Great view. In the back is the gazebo. Right next to the small river so you can hear the water trickling. Next to the theatre. Has a statue right there in front of the house for free! (part of the scenary can't change it)
- 2 Twinfall path. - deluxe house - Next to the bridge. When you go out of the house you see a waterfall in the distance. Feels cozy but not much space in the front before the road. Nice yard in the back though with a lot of space for children to play 🙂
- 4 Twinfall path. - deluxe house - Secluded by two beautifull trees in front of it. Bad thing is that the back of it is leaned against a huge rock (larger than the house) so not much space in the back. That doesn;t take away from its charm IMO.
- The most expensive house in the Bree homestead area is a house that overlooks the town and is on the highest spot. This house goes for 8 gold compared to the cheapest deluxe home that sells for 7 gold.
- 6 (or 7) long road and 2 high road â good view deluxe house
- 7 chestnut road â Itâs a standard house right across the pond, and its hidden in a valley... When you have trees you almost don't notice it at all. Perfect for a low-key burglar!
- 1 chestnut road â Itâs the second highest spot in the area. Can see the entire village but the best part is your right against the cliff and the waterfall is right behind you for an awesome look.
- 2 High Road - Has a great view over looking the plaza and lake. No visible houses left right or in front. Sort of secluded. The front yard is huge and uncluttered so you can really decorate it the way you want
- 1 Chalk Street â Good view. Can see almost every other house or party or event in the entire neighborhood. or at least I could if they would draw that far out. It's also a short trip down the hill to the vendors.
- 3 Chalk Street - It's a deluxe on top of the cliffs overlooking the lake and town centre.
- 4, 5, and 6 Chalk Street got some of the best views and locations among standard houses
- 5 Myrtle Court - standard house - 1g 100s | 55s upkeep - right on the river by the waterfall, not too far from the vendors
- 6 Myrtle Court - deluxe house - 7g 700s | 165s upkeep - great view of the party tree. Has 2 apple trees in the yard already - a must have for a hungry hobbit. The back overlooks the river and you can hear the waterfall in the background since it's real close.
- 3 Brookbank Street - deluxe house - 7g 700s | 165s upkeep - great view of the river and the rest of the Homested. Windmill on the property! Spacious yard.
- 1 Wending Way - standard house - 1g 100s | 55s upkeep - Right there at the entrance. Great back view. Vendors are just a leap away.
- 3 Wending Way - standard house - 1g | 50s upkeep - Right next to the main plaza and the vendors. Entrance leads to the stage area. For those that like company.
- 4 Wending Way - deluxe house - 7g 700s | 165s upkeep - Adjacent to the lake/stage island, close to vendors and has its own little jetty
- 6 Harrow - deluxe house - 7g 700s | 165s upkeep - This Deluxe house sits back from the road against the cliffside, shaded by a beautiful apple tree. The yard is large and surrounded by a stone wall that has access to the empty side yard on one side and the waterfall /stream on the other. There is also a lovely little apple orchard with stone circles around each tree on the waterfall side
- 2 Pleasant Street - standard house - 1g | 50s upkeep - Tucked in. Overviews the whole neighborhood. Close to vendors
- 1 Stonemirk street - standard house - right next to a waterfall, looks over a river
- 3 Stonemirk street - standard house - slightly elevated. View in the back is amazing. Front of the house is spacious. Down side is that it's looking at a hillside. Good thing about that is that the hillside is littered with crystals - very nice looking at night. Has a crystal pylon of its own as part of the scenary.
- 3 Frothing Road â standard house but it sit on its own island and has a private bridge leading to it. Amazing view
- 5 Frothing Road - standard house - right next to a waterfall, looks over a river
- 3 Treshold Street â standard house - On a small plaza that has a great loooking statue of a dwarf.
- 2 Low Street â standard house - great view
- 3 Low Street â deluxe house - In the snowy reagion - to the right of it is a canyon you can jump over to get to the other street. Great for extreme sports types. bad view though.
- 5 Roaring Road â kinship house - One of the houses on the highest ground. Right next to a canyon - conviniet for tossing ill behaving kinship members in.
- 6 Roaring Road â deluxe house - Very secluded. Surrounded by walls. Covered in snow. Feeling very cozy. Has several Trees in the yard. Nice view at some solid dwarf architecture. Right next to the theatre.
- 1 Anvilsong Road â standard house - Nice view. Close to the entrance.
- 2 Highspires Street â kinship house - Spacious yard. Accessible only by bridge - easy to defend. Nice view over the crystal valley.
- 3 Cloven Crescent â deluxe house - On top of the vendors. Nice view at the pylons holding the cave's ceiling. Spacious yard. Tucked in.
As a part of furniture you can place a trophy inside your house. When you get one of barter items you should visit Taxidermist Vendor - Clar Whitethorn, in Bree near the Vault-Keeper.
- Barghest Trophy (small furniture) from Undamaged Barghest Corpse
- Black Bear (small furniture) Trophy fromUndamaged Black Bear Corpse
- Brown Bear (small furniture) Trophy from Undamaged Brown Bear Corpse
- Cave Troll (small furniture) Trophy from Undamaged Cave Troll Head
- Warg Trophy (large furniture) fromUndamaged Warg Corpse
- White Wolf Trophy (small furniture) from Undamaged White-Wolf Corpse
Where to find barter items?
- Undamaged Barghest Corpse
- Clawing Barghest in Fields of Fornost
- Fell-Grip Barghest right next to the Amon Amrun ruins in the Fields of Fornost
- Undamaged Black-Bear Corpse
- No information till now
- Undamaged Brown-Bear Corpse - Brown Bear Trophy
- Hungry Downs Bear North Downs
- Young Downs Bear in North Downs near Othrikar
- Undamaged Cave-Troll Head
- Cave Trolls drop off of the Trolls in Goblin Town, in Thundergrot way down deep
- Undamaged Warg Corpse
- Wargs in north Evendim, around Duskencleft in Evendim, north of Tinnudir
- Undamaged White-Wolf Corpse
- In the Southern High Pass (High pass is the new Misty Mountain area, new Trollshaws area)
We have almost added all items.
If you have any suggestions or contributions please let us know.