The Isengard Private Preview Program is now accepting new applications. The program is designed to preview the upcoming Book content (at this time that would be Book 8) to help us find bugs and optimize content.
What is the usual time one would have to wait to get a reply if they were picked?
We intend to process the applications once a month, so... about a month
What is a "clean forum and game history"?
We would say any marks or infractions that actually causes 'time out' from the forums or the game. So if you received points that actually caused a temporary banning.
Is the Program limited to US Accounts only or is it open for others beside the US?
It is open to Codemasters players as well, however they must apply through the Codemasters forums. Since they need to verify live account subscription status, they have their own application process.
Would I get a ported character, autoleveled character or a character to start from scratch?
All those choices are available to you. The Eyes and Guard Tavern, which you will be familiar with if you participated in any of our Beta Programs, Stress Tests, or on the Public Preview Server, is usually open full blast 24/7. You can autolevel characters there, or start characters from scratch. We also offer a one time character copy of 1 character from Live per Isengard account.
What is the maximum # of characters allowed on Isengard?
Currently we only have 8, however we are working on getting at least one more slot so you can have one of each class.
What Isengard is:
Isengard is a program run by members of the LOTRO Quality Assurance (QA) Team. This program invites real players like you to come onto our private server and help us give upcoming content and changes a good run through. Your participation will help us iron out kinks and find bugs before the content reaches the Live worlds, helping us create a more polished and enjoyable game experience for all.
You can also present feedback on this upcoming content. Why to you think it's fun? Why isn't it fun? Do you think it enhances the game? Breaks it? All your feedback will be read and compiled to be considered while the content is still in development with the goal of making the game the most optimal for Live release.
Things to Consider Before Applying:
- Spare time. Participation in the Preview Program should enhance your LOTRO experience, not replace it. If real life obligations or hobbies take up the majority of your spare time, the Preview Program may not be right for you.
- Do you get a sense of accomplishment by reporting bugs or participating in forum feedback? Even if the suggestions you make or the feedback you give is not directly acted upon or implemented, you should be able to feel you have contributed just the same.
- Do you enjoy posting to the forums and having active discussions with your fellow players? Forum posting is a huge part of Isengard. If you are uncomfortable posting to forums again the Preview Program may not be right for you.
Requirements of the Isengard Private Preview Program:
- Must have a valid and active subscription to The Lord of the Rings Online: Mines of Moria
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a clean forum and game history
- Must be able to interact with the community in a mature and constructive manner
- Must be able to communicate well through forum posts and bug reports
- You must accept the terms of the Private Preview Program Non-Disclosure Agreement, the full contents of which will be provided during the registration process should you be accepted to the program.
For more information check out The Isengard Private Preview Program