Yesterday Codemasters introduced the Hacked Account Restart Programme for LOTRO players whose accounts were hacked. This program can help players restore character data lost if they meet the following requirements:
- The player must be eligible for support (able to raise a ticket in-game) from Codemasters Online to apply for the programme
- The GMs must be able to verify that the claimant is the actual owner of the account
- If the GM cannot verify the account has been hacked then no action will be taken on the account
All requests for reimbursements under the Hacked Account Restart Programme must be made within 7 (seven) days of the account being hacked.
* Codemasters Online make no guarantee regarding a full return of all items / gold etc. The decision as to what to return to the player lies solely with Codemasters Online
* False claims will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including a permanent ban
* Codemasters Online reserve the right to provide an alternative reimbursement method rather than returning a character / items / gold etc.
* Restoration or reimbursement of a hacked account is subject to “fair use”, Codemasters Online reserve the right to refuse a request if the account has been previously hacked
* Codemasters Online reserve the right to postpone or remove this service at their discretion at anytime and with no notice.