Lotro Spring Festival 2009
This Spring Festival will feature all of the games and good cheer that have been present in the past, but this year brings a sizeable new landmark to the festival grounds in the Horsefields, courtesy of a very talented gardener on the World Team. If you are new to the game or unfamiliar with the festival content, try to make it to the Shireâs Greenfields for the Bullroarer celebrations, as well as the usual stomping grounds for our seasonal events: Hobbiton, Thorin's Hall, Duillond, and the Horsefields.
Spring Festival quests and activities
- The Inn League Quest at Hobbiton.
- Collect flowers
- Race in Bree and the Shire
- 4 New Maze Quests at the Maze behind the Festival Field in Bree.
- A surprise in the Bree Horsefields
- A new Spring-themed horse
- New Recipes for the Farming Profession.
- New furniture
- In Shire, Dulliond, and Thorins, you have a dance quest
The Hedge Maze is intended to bring players together for a new challenge that will take place in a more close-quartered public instance than weâve seen previously in the game. There are chickens to be caught, Elves to be scolded, signs to be posted, records to be beat, and a very sinister surprise at the center of it all. I highly recommend joining the Inn League this year if you have not done so already.
If you need route through maze or you can't find flower garden, hedge lattice, tree, bench, sinister keg, confusing signpost, wandering elf and chicken, montecristo143 has made the Spring Festival Maze Map.
Click to enlarge
Tips and Tricks
- For most mazes, sticking to one wall is a good tactic to ensure you don't get lost. It works for this one, and sticking to the left wall is the more efficient path.
- You can do multiple (repeatable) quests at the horsefields in bree inside the maze to earn leaves to barter. (*note* you can only do 1 quest at a time inside the maze, IE, pick up one, go complete it, turn it in, then you are able to pick up a different quest for the maze.)
- Inside of Bree, you will find an NPC to do a flower quest.. the quest sends you to the Shire, Celondim, Bree proper, and outside bree. Also once you complete the flower quest you can do the repeatable one to turn in flowers for gift boxes in Bree.
- The Shire has the drinking quests.... and by the way, there are no barter NPCs in Shire, Thorins, or Dulliond/Celondim for the festival.
- lso in Brockenborings in the Shire there is a series of quests related to the Bullroarer: gathering clover, running to Stock, and then walking a fence.
- he Maze reward is a 'white rose circlet'.
A new notification system was also implemented for this update, made to announce much of our expanding content going forward. In-game mail will be sent to those of you who log in during certain events; we want to alert players who might not read the forums regularly that there is a new feature in Middle-earth, or that a limited-time-only event may be running. If youâre worried about missing the festival, youâll be happy to know that youâll be getting an informal invitation in the mail from an overworked Party Planner from Hobbiton.
View our gallery
We would like to thank
montecristo143, ararax2, shava , XFuriousAngeI, Crissaegrim