...in the midst of their merriment and tears the clear voice of the minstrel rose like silver and gold, and all men were hushed.
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, "The Field of Cormallen"
With song and tale, a Minstrel brings hope to places thick with gloom. He can inspire those with desperate minds and heavy hearts to great deeds. In battle, he can turn the tide with songs that strengthen his allies and dirges which strike fear into the hearts of his enemies.
The Minstrel will be the class of choice for players who want to aid their friends, inspiring them to keep going through the darkest of times. With a vast repertoire of tales both fair and foul, a Minstrel restores the morale of his fellows, as well as causing his enemies to despair. Though able to wield weapons, he prefers to let his words, rather than his sword, speak for him. A Minstrel's style of combat is based on maintaining hope no matter what the odds.
The Minstrel class, although initially thought only to be a support character, can solo very well due to their damaging shouts and support skills (the main being healing.) Minstrels have beneficial songs to buff group members and harmful songs which debuff foes. They can sing ballads which unlock higher level songs if done in sequence during battle. The Minstrel also can play the widest variety of musical instruments.
The Minstrel, using their abilities to give hope to their fellow companions even at the gloomiest times, their inspiration to their allies help them to fight their way through the darkest of places.
- Clarion of the Valar - Calling upon the name of the Valar can send evil foes fleeing in terror for a short time.
- Enlivening Grace - Bring hope to those whose morale has been entirely depleted, reviving a defeated target.
- Herald's Strike - A melee attack that does extra damage.
- Inspire Fellows - Words of encouragement renew the morale of the Minstrel's fellowship and increase its vigour.
- Noble Cause - The next three Herald's Strikes that the Minstrel executes do extra damage and return part of that as morale to her group.
- Piercing Cry - A shout that does light damage to the Minstrel's enemies.
- Raise the Spirit - The Minstrel's words of encouragement renew the morale of a companion.
- Song of Aid - This song enables the Minstrel to reduce incoming morale damage by lightening the hearts of her fellows.
- Song of Distraction - A song that can make the Minstrel's target become drowsy and not detect players until they are much closer than normal. This does not work against monsters already engaged in combat.
- Song of the Dead - This song causes undead to freeze in fear.
- Soothing Song - Decreases the Minstrel's threat in the eyes of her enemy target and all adjacent enemies.
- Tale of Heroism - Increases the Will and Fate of the Minstrel's fellowship.
Here are some of the Class-specific Traits this class can obtain while adventuring in Middle-earth.
- Harmonious Melody - The Minstrel has a longer window of opportunity in which to perform her next tier of Ballads.
- Life-singer - The Power costs for the Minstrel's morale-renewing skills are reduced.
Minstrels use light armor and medium / light shields
Minstrel weapons include daggers, 1 handed swords, maces, and 1 handed clubs