LotroLife community forum
August 22, 2019, 03:50:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We have closed down forum registration due to bots. If you want to register a new member please contact the admins and they will manually create them.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 42   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Remember the Hobbit and Squirrels? ... I have a NEW Adventure! =)  (Read 537367 times)
Steelcaster

« Reply #315 on: December 14, 2010, 06:35:10 AM »

Hej Dudes,

Cool news that there are still people who do exploring. A PM with the exits would be nice .) --- but i will search between x-mas and new-years-eve for everything.

Just yesterday i found some exits in the shire.

there are 4 in the north of the shire Smiley ... with 2 of them it was able to get to the secret hobbit village -- not any more because of the inv. walls.

one is just for fun to avoid some goblins.

and one Smiley ... is where the two bridges are at the goblin camp in the north of the shire - just where you enter evendim.

I will take pics and send you if you want Smiley

best regards,
camelopardis

« Reply #316 on: December 14, 2010, 08:40:20 AM »

Hi Steelcaster - please pm  me with the pics!  sadly you can no longer get to the place in my last picture. It was only open for a few days on the EU servers and now they've walled it off with invisible walls Sad 
kilos
Trial Member

« Reply #317 on: December 15, 2010, 07:58:14 AM »

I'm glad to see exploration is still alive. The forochel one really interests me also because I've also roamed around that map with no luck. I thought I was close a couple times but never succeeded. Would also not mind a PM as I can't seem to send one myself Wink
leofla

« Reply #318 on: December 15, 2010, 05:41:32 PM »

PM incoming  Smiley

Btw during the EU beta server Nimlothe was online, I found a (possible?) way to get close to the watching tower above the shire village. Sadly I had only a lvl50 character there and a lame horse. Probably the jump had worked but the horse was not the fastest available... I decided to check it out on my main character when Enedwaith went life, only to found out it was made impossible Cry (There was a certain rock you could get on, the rest seemed very straightforward about what to do, just the one long jump I couldn't do then.) In the world we play at this moment, the terrain around the rock is lowered... When I get there I shall take a picture to show you where this spot was.

Don't forget to try some jumps you couldn't do before, mount speed is set to 168% instead of 150% ^^
For example: At the southern entrance of the 21st Hall camp, there is that wooden structure you can walk on, above the burglar trainer (you've all been onto it I guess Tongue ) Now you can jump from that side to the other side. I'm really certain that's something you couldn't do before! Smiley

Remedy

« Reply #319 on: December 15, 2010, 11:54:05 PM »

Hello, I'm new to these forums and just recently discovered them but have been exploring middle earth for a good while on my own and thought I'd share some pics from those places even though people seem to have visited them already at some point or another. However, I'll try not to post pictures of places that have already been covered in this thread multiple times.

http://img163.imageshack.us/f/screenshot00245.jpg/
http://img815.imageshack.us/f/screenshot00258.jpg/

Middle mountains in forochel. Huge area and still accessible - just a couple of fairly annoying jumps to get there.

http://img213.imageshack.us/f/screenshot00066.jpg/

Above esteldin. I'm sure most of the people here know how to get there. Tongue

http://img810.imageshack.us/f/screenshot00222.jpg/

Misty mountains, blocked now afaik.

http://img255.imageshack.us/f/screenshot00233.jpg/

Above the giant valley, also inaccessible nowadays.

http://img258.imageshack.us/f/screenshot00239.jpg/

Invisible ceiling in the crafting area in rivendell. (inaccessible now)

There are a lot more but most of them are not really worth sharing because the areas are blocked out and/or because the area is fairly dull or there are a number of pics of the area already on this board. Grin

EDIT: I seemed to have some trouble getting the pics to show so I'll just leave the plain links to them instead.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 11:58:37 PM by Remedy » Logged
Remedy

« Reply #320 on: December 16, 2010, 03:10:40 AM »

Oh and btw, this area camelopardis thought had been walled out, actually hadnt. At least not yet 3 days ago when I checked it out for the first time (thanks for the tip).
You have to get possibly a bit more creative to get inside than before though (invisible walls blocking the most obvious route) but the village is fairly large and worth the small trouble in my opinion. UNLESS it was changed just 2 days ago and it's not reachable at all anymore lol. It's maintenance day right now so can't login and check but I doubt it's been changed from what it was.

http://img812.imageshack.us/f/screenshot00342.jpg/

http://img251.imageshack.us/f/screenshot00343.jpg/

camelopardis

« Reply #321 on: December 16, 2010, 06:20:35 AM »

Hi Remedy!  Thanks for the pics.  I've been to preety much most of those places - except that one above Esteldin. I've gotten on to the hill the OTHER side of Esteldin, but not  the side your picture shows!  Would you mind sending me a pm telling me how you did it?  I can tell you how to get to the opposite side if you don't already know.

Which method are you using to get into the new North Downs village?  I was able to jump around the right hand side of the gate, onto the cliff side and then around .. but its all completely invisibly walled off now.
leofla

« Reply #322 on: December 16, 2010, 10:15:03 AM »

OMG that village looks nice, could you tell where it's located?

Nice spots Remedy, been to most of them, but as Camelopardis already said, that side of Esteldin is interested, gonna try to get there Smiley (you may always send me a PM but I prefer to check it out first  Cheesy )

Something I wanted to post a few months ago: I once had an adventure with some kinmates at the MM out of bounds (end of the world). After 5 hours running we ended up at the White mountains (really strange landscaping there). We found out all of Tolkien's map is already there on the lotro map (on scratch though). You can even see where the Brandywine and Isen are about to reach the ocean!

Pictures of this in a next post, need to search them first Tongue
Remedy

« Reply #323 on: December 16, 2010, 10:23:50 AM »

Hi Remedy!  Thanks for the pics.  I've been to preety much most of those places - except that one above Esteldin. I've gotten on to the hill the OTHER side of Esteldin, but not  the side your picture shows!  Would you mind sending me a pm telling me how you did it?  I can tell you how to get to the opposite side if you don't already know.

Which method are you using to get into the new North Downs village?  I was able to jump around the right hand side of the gate, onto the cliff side and then around .. but its all completely invisibly walled off now.

Yeah, seems like you were right, it has been completely sealed off now. Shame really.

There's actually a way on top of the mountains on the other side of esteldin? I thought my way was the only way, hah.
I think I can't send pms yet so have to keep spamming this board just a bit more Wink
Remedy

« Reply #324 on: December 16, 2010, 10:41:20 AM »

OMG that village looks nice, could you tell where it's located?

Nice spots Remedy, been to most of them, but as Camelopardis already said, that side of Esteldin is interested, gonna try to get there Smiley (you may always send me a PM but I prefer to check it out first  Cheesy )

The village is located to the north-east of Amon Raith, there's a slope that takes you right up to the front gate. Maybe you'll spot something we missed Tongue

Also, I had to check out if the path to "my" side of Esteldin was still open, and yeah, it was. Trying to figure out how to get to the other side now. Seems hopeless though as I've tried to get there before and had very little success Smiley
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 10:43:15 AM by Remedy » Logged
camelopardis

« Reply #325 on: December 16, 2010, 11:43:40 AM »

remedy - I think you need to do one more post before you able to send pm's!  I'm just off now to check the exact reference for the way up to my side of esteldin. I will send you a Pm shortly. Hopefully you can then pm me with the coordinates for your side!

Leofla - gief those pics now!!!  That sounds fantastic!  The best adventure me and my kinnies ever had was finding the way to Forochel before it live.  it took us hours .... but it was an epic journey!  All of Forochel was there aleady, just unfinished.  And the area was much much bigger!  You could go weast and west for miles - almost to Angmar!  And you could swim far out to sea (it wasnt blocked then!). We eventually came to the end of the world far out to sea where the sea just dropped away into nothingness (just like the old mariners tales from hundred of years ago when peopel thought the earth was flat!)  Sigh ... those were the golden days of exploring .. all gone now  Sad
Remedy

« Reply #326 on: December 16, 2010, 12:59:15 PM »

okay, thanks, got your PM. Had to post once more to be able to send one back. But I'll try to contribute at least something even with this spam so I'll post a random pic of a place where I stranded today after I had given up trying to find a way to the other side of esteldin.

http://img138.imageshack.us/f/screenshot00000r.jpg/

Not overly difficult but a nice little appetite at least Grin

EDIT: mmm, still cant send PMs
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 01:08:09 PM by Remedy » Logged
Remedy

« Reply #327 on: December 16, 2010, 01:41:44 PM »

hmmm, well, might as well post another small challenge then while waiting for my account status to upgrade (whenever that happens..)

http://img704.imageshack.us/f/screenshot00008k.jpg/

You can get painfully close to an exit to the mountains from there.. sooo close Sad

http://img249.imageshack.us/f/screenshot00009n.jpg/
Remedy

« Reply #328 on: December 16, 2010, 02:33:03 PM »

One more challenge and I'll call it a day. This one should be challenging for real.

http://img444.imageshack.us/f/screenshot00020f.jpg/

It's the tombrobbers' camp near to the gate of evendim.
Have fun!
leofla

« Reply #329 on: December 16, 2010, 04:14:45 PM »

Found the Esteldin spot Smiley Actually tried there before but not good enough.

As promised (I have pictures of the rivers etc but they are on another pc so will post them later eventually.

The route we took, the whole inside of eriador is walled but we got close to Bree-land and where able to see where Enedwaith should have been (landscape textures etc, an area that looked like the lich Bluffs)

The island in the top western corner of Eriador

This is where the journey ended, like I said, VERYYYY strange landscaping... I didn't took the risk to jump into it... We stopped there because the other kinmates got stuck in the fall just before this area or went to sleep (it was 4am when we got there   Lips sealed )
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 42   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: