Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/wwwlotro/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Remember the Hobbit and Squirrels? ... I have a NEW Adventure! =)
LotroLife community forum
November 21, 2019, 11:47:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We have closed down forum registration due to bots. If you want to register a new member please contact the admins and they will manually create them.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 42   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Remember the Hobbit and Squirrels? ... I have a NEW Adventure! =)  (Read 558399 times)
kaelrond
Trial Member

« on: November 13, 2008, 01:07:20 AM »

Ok, I have to admit, I have kept this adventure to myself for quite some time. It has been nearly 6 months since I, and an accomplice of mine =) found the Hobbit and Squirrel's adventure very ammusing. And we set sail on our own! Only to find a much, MUCH more fulfilling adventure...

The quest starts in Evendim, and not where you would expect, I'll give one hint at a time for thoughs who are do-it-yourselves.

0.) Southern

1.) Near Annuminas

2.) High Altitude

3.) Not there =)

4.) Near a building/ruins

5.) The Building is an inch away from a wall of rock/mountain

Your destination, .... let's just say, I think the hobbit and the squirrels were misplaced =)

I think you little adventurers will find much more than you ever dreamt of with the Hobbit and Squirrel adventure. There is lots to see, and don't worry, I've already tried to get to Ered Luin ... It's not possible, I've speant countless hours exploring the endless wonders of undevelopment between Evendim and the Shire!
kaelrond
Trial Member

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 03:43:48 PM »

Is nobody interested? =)
Subotai

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 03:33:37 PM »

Very interested...Heading there today! Will keep you appraised of progress (or lack thereof)
Subotai

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 07:21:04 PM »

Found it! Thank you so much for the clues...Very well done in a classy way.   Grin
camelopardis

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 09:40:31 AM »

Hi Kaelrond ... my kin and I found that route back in March before Forochel went live!  We went north along the mountain ridge ... and were able to drop down the other side of the Gate between Evendim and Forochel (which was locked at that time!). We explored all of Forochel .. including the Ice bay .... the area was much bigger back then .. and we could swim far out to sea!  It was the best off-map adventure ever!

kaelrond
Trial Member

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 08:55:32 PM »

So I wasn't the first to find it, my freind and I. Which I was beginning to wonder, because I couldn't find a single thing about it on the web between now and ... about June I believe. But I am glad to inform you, that you havn't found everything yet. You'll know when you find what I'm talking about, because it puts the Hobbit and the Squirrels to shame, keep looking. The next hint is.. ''The Shire''

Have fun.
camelopardis

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 03:02:17 AM »

Oh .. I can assure you I have Kaelrond!  Right down to the scarecrow and the washing hanging on the line!  Wink
kaelrond
Trial Member

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 07:45:10 PM »

=) Hazzah! ... What about the spit? although, I'm sure you have that as well.
camelopardis

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2008, 08:55:18 PM »

have you found this place?  Wink

kaelrond
Trial Member

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2008, 10:04:02 PM »

Is that in the same area? I havn't explored for atleast... 5 months, should I go back? or is that a different area? either way, I'm going back to lotro just to find the area, then I'll quit again =)
camelopardis

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2008, 10:16:58 PM »

Its a different area.  Its south of the Lone Lands ... accessible at the dwarf stronghold
Bart

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2008, 12:47:20 AM »

I've tried  to enter the top of the hills (and the area beyond) south and west of lake Evendim a long time, but have never succeded...  I gave up Sad
Can someone please post a picture of map or describe more detailed where to go?

Don't know if you've been up in the (normally inaccessible) mountainous area south of Esteldin? If not, you can enter from the south (southwest in dol dinen)
by balancing up on a ridge there.  Earlier you could also enter from the northwest side, but CM altered the terrain there about 6 months ago making the NW-side
usesless. I've attached some screenshots of the view.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edited 04.12: found the place in Evendim a week ago; though surely late compared to some of you guys...
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 06:57:42 PM by Bart » Logged
blinkyfish

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2008, 06:00:17 PM »

muhahaha found all theses places wayyyy back in or befor april lol most of the pics from theses places are in other threads.... new places ive found....

North of TS and NW rivendell and around that area.. not the LL way but another where you cna gegt much futher east... south of LL is old now Tongue found it befor i was on beta when foro was in testing... reported it and it was never fixed Tongue

now..... have a butchers at this.... and tell me im not to good at this Tongue

or this one? Tongue

edit: trying to load the pics myself and it wont work : / but to add ive explored all of lothlorian but not the elf town as you cant get there... other than that... ive found one place toget on the moria map... one near breakout point in waterworks... but im still looking :Pand the big pic posted by camel is in south LL and its the GM place Tongue heard of them killing balrogs for people there to loot

oh the place hes talking of is the hobbit village in the fardowns.... /yawn Tongue

hehe... im toooo good at this and i think everwhere in the origanl world has been found... moral of the story.... do research befor you say its new Wink
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 06:13:04 PM by blinkyfish » Logged
camelopardis

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2008, 08:12:47 PM »

Aaagh!  Dammit Blinky!  How do you do it!!! Smiley

Looks like I'll have to pop over to Evernight again and speak to you!  Wink

I really would like to know how you got over to the brown lands!!  Was the entry point in the North Trollshaws?
blinkyfish

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2008, 09:32:11 AM »

all ill say is... its nice when you die this side of the world /loc (r2 insted for r1 or somthing like that) as you end up back at the start of moria ^^ my mission was mordor... but alas a 300ft drop was the doom of me.... didnt time it right and died Sad i made it half way thru mirkwood aswell... nothing there tho lol i have another pic of me with gimli and logolas in a tree aswell ^^ not sure if it was side quest or book quest area... but no one else i know has seen them in lothlorien

newho ill keep intouch and post more pics and when i get them.... oh you can escape from the snowy outdoor place in moria too you know Wink just not far lol
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 42   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: