LotroLife community forum
September 21, 2019, 09:59:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We have closed down forum registration due to bots. If you want to register a new member please contact the admins and they will manually create them.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Notaries 'That Surname is not Available'  (Read 7032 times)
Tolibard
Trial Member

« on: October 01, 2009, 07:27:33 AM »

When I started playing LotRO the first decision I made was to play on a RP server I've always been a keen role-player and though I didn't expect it to be a massive part of my play style I felt it would be nice to be surrounded by like minded people and characters with realistic names rather than the normal swath of joke names that you'd see on a conventional server. Therefore I spent a bit of time carefully thinking up what name to give my first character (and all my subsequent characters) with a view to what surname I'd give him later in the game, this likewise impacted the region that I stated my character hailed from.

I chose a Hobbit Burglar called Tolibard and he was a Fallohide and I had a grand if unoriginal plan for him to be a bold and adventuring sort of Hobbit in the mould of all the great Hobbit leaders so of coruse it was a bit of a shock when I eventually got round to using the Notary to find that 'Took' was not available.

My instant reaction was, 'they can't be limited to one name per character that would be ridiculous' but a quick look on one of the LotRO forums inclinated that Turbine / Codemasters restricted the useage of certain surnames. In the end I gave him the name Tooke not that original but I'd already settled on that as a name and wasn't willing to change.

My question then is does anyone know exactly what names have been disabled for use by PCs?

For Hobbits I'm pretty sure that these are out of the question:
Took
Tuk
Brandybuck
Baggins
Bolger
Sackville-Baggins (I'm assuming I didn't check for certain)

But what others are out of circulation, I may well have a search this evening to test what names are taken I reckon a lot of the Gondorian families will have gone, hopefully not the one I picked out for my Man of Gondor.
Subotai

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 02:19:23 PM »

I have a friend who likes FR, and he tried to use a couple of names, like Wulfgar or something, and got turned down.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: