LotroLife community forum
June 25, 2019, 01:58:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We have closed down forum registration due to bots. If you want to register a new member please contact the admins and they will manually create them.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Secret place with Hobbit and Squirrels  (Read 101672 times)
Silriel
Administrator

« on: March 04, 2008, 11:53:15 AM »

Have you seen this secret place? There are only a few people who have discovered it so far. If you are ready for a new adventure follow up our road signs...
The place is not in Shire or Evendim it's in Lone Lands. And it's not a part of a quest .  Once you make the "jump to the upper Lone Lands" go northwest-ish and then north to Dol Dinen along the ridge. The jump only make while on horseback, feet alone will not do the job.

More details you can find on http://www.lotrolife.com/news_full/secret_place_with_hobbit_and_squirrels/198

Have you found the secret place?
wildbunch469
Trial Member

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 03:54:08 PM »

Is the toon icon (arrow) the location of the hobbits and squirrels, or the area that you need "to jump into the upper lone lands"?  I'm having a hard time discovering this area. 
Beleglin
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 04:10:24 AM »

Is the toon icon (arrow) the location of the hobbits and squirrels, or the area that you need "to jump into the upper lone lands"?  I'm having a hard time discovering this area. 

I spent 3 hours yesterday trying to find it as well. From what I can see that place with an arrow is where you'll find the hobbit because you can't get to that place from lonelands. I'm trying to find the jumping spot as well. Tried several candidates - no luck. As soon as I find it we'll be posting a guide and a video.
Silriel
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 04:08:15 PM »

You start in lone lands at Ost Guruth, left of the town there is a wall and it's possible to jump up. That toon icon (arrow) is your location where you should go, after you jump into the upper lone lands. That arrow is northwest from your upper jump.

Hope this will help you  Wink
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 04:11:49 PM by Silriel » Logged
wildbunch469
Trial Member

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 04:05:06 AM »

When you say left of the town, are you referring to East or West of the town?  The only wall I was able to jump up was near the reflecting pool which is right of the town (east) if I am looking at Ost Guruth from the stable master.  Once I jumped the wall and got behind Ost Guruth, I couldn't make it up any higher.
Silriel
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 09:12:48 AM »

At Ost Guruth, at the back left corner of the town (west) there is a wall that has crumbled and its possible to jump up at it and from there onto the slope behind. It's not easy at all. You should look new screenshots we made yesterday. This one particularly
wildbunch469
Trial Member

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 12:32:15 PM »

OK, I know exactly where you are talking about now..thanks for that screenshot Smiley.  Now I have to figure out the sweetspot to jump it from.

Yay!!!!  I did it...then it took awhile to figure out where to go from there, but I finally found the secret place.  Thanks for all the help!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 05:08:02 PM by wildbunch469 » Logged
Silriel
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2008, 06:51:57 AM »

Wink I'm glad you did it!!! Congratulation! I was so happy when I found the secret place. I hope someone will find another secret place and start new adventure Smiley
rgarrow92
Trial Member

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2008, 08:44:21 PM »

Where do u go after u get up to where the screenshot above is taken? plz help
Beleglin
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2008, 09:05:49 PM »

It took me about 5 hours total to explore the whole thing. It was an adventure of its own. I must say it was borderline between pleasure and frustration Smiley. In any case I'll give some hints here but stop reading NOW if you want to do it on your own.

After you climb up at Ost Guruth go west along the ridge. follow that as far as you can without falling back into Lone Lands. You will get a notice that you have entered String Unknown (or something along those lines). You are basically going towards Bree - when you go east as far as you can start going along the ridge to the north. You should start approaching the area in Bree that's close to the lake Nen Harn. There should be a big mountin top in front of you. If you go right of that mountain top you will hit the invisible wall. When you climb almost to the top of that mountain top you won;t be able to go further. The trick is to go left of that mountain top. It looks as if you will fall down into Bree but there is a "ledge" of sorts on the left (east) side . If you are doing it correctly you shouldn't have fallen into Bree. (http://www.lotrolife.com/secret_place_5/) Continuing on that road you will reach another climb you can't surpass. To your right there should be something like a small valley that if you enter it you will hit the invisible wall again. The trick is to go north into that valley. You should see a couple of trees in the mountain side an something that looks like an unsurmountable ledge. You can climb it without any problems. You are close now. Just keep going. You will enter Dol Dinen real soon. Basically, when you climb on a ridge to the north and see Dol Dinene below you you are very close and a bit to the left is your hobbit. Congrats Smiley

I see how these directions could be confusing. Silriel and me have been arguing on whether to post a complete guide with pictures and videos. The thing is that all the people posting on the forums have decided not to give full directions since they kind of ruin the surprise. But I got so frustrated having to find out each piece of the puzzle on my own at one point that I sure wanted to read a full guide. We'll see...
Octarin
Trial Member

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2008, 01:24:42 PM »

Can someone please explain to me where you are supposed to go after you come down the cliff where you first hit the FIX ME: UNASSIGNED stage? I got stuck in a little ridge and couldn't get out, had to map back and do it again, the directions above are a tad vague...  Huh The entire FIX ME: UNASSIGNED area leads to invisible walls for me, and there doesn't seem to be a way out... Have died twice so far trying to find a way.

Oh now I found another FIX ME: UNASSIGNED area...  a bigger one *sighs* Officially lost now. Where do you go after the screenshot above Naerost please?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 01:57:49 PM by Octarin » Logged
Bossman
Trial Member

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2008, 03:18:23 AM »

Thanks for the extra directions in the forums!  They were good and still vague enough that it took me over 2 hours to find it and it felt like an accomplishment.  What an adventure!  That was a blast and the Hobbit Farmer is pretty cool!  The squirrels are adorable too!

Also, it was fun how the background game music totally changed to a fun/mysterious tune I had never heard before as soon as we started getting close to the secret area.

Did it was a fellowship of 2.  Each captains.  If you're trying this for the first time it is good to have a captain so that they can stay back a little and if the lead person goes the wrong way then the captain can summon them back to the correct place.  It avoids having to do some of the difficult jumps twice.

-Bossman
Arkenstone
Silriel
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2008, 12:40:09 PM »

Congratulations!!! Wink We didn't want to post complete guide, because it would ruin this adventure. It's great idea to take captain with you:) I was stuck two times, but Beleglin couldn't help me, he is a minstrel:( 
Leaphor
Trial Member

Semper vidi

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2008, 04:53:44 AM »

Yeahh Cheesy Made it to the hobbit and his dancing squirrels!! A very fun adventure, and great fun seeing the world from above Smiley

Would like to post a holiday snapshot from the place, but can I upload picture here? Or do I need to link to them externally?

Thanks for the (vague) guide /thumbs_up

Havn't got time to chat.
I've got places to go, and people to be...
Silriel
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2008, 07:10:21 PM »

Dear Leaphore, I'm glad that our small guide helped you in this beautiful adventure.
If you want to add screenshots to any post, you just have to click Additional Options on the bottom of the post, or you can send them to us and we will add them to special Fan Screenshots section on our site.
I will send you a PM with more details.

Cheers
Silriel
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: